As we head into the Summer Session, the traditional YouthBuild schedule of alternating academic and vocational instruction has concluded. To help students prepare for the transition into the next phase of their lives, they have an array of exciting opportunities to take advantage of in the coming weeks, including:
- A residential summer bridge program at Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology in Lancaster, PA, where they will earn college credits while getting a real sense of college life by living on campus.
- Earning college credits and gaining a sense of college level work through an elective class and a freshman seminar at the Community College of Philadelphia, which will prepare students for what to expect when they enter as full-time students in the fall.
- Six-week internships in the student’s field of interest to gain hands-on job experience.
- A Pre-Apprenticeship construction program which guarantees job placement after successful completion of the 8 week training.
- Earning credits toward an Automotive Certificate at Lincoln Technical Institute.
- A six-week Home Health Aide certification class .
- Additional academic or vocational instruction for students who need more support.
All students will stay connected with the YouthBuild support system while participating in an individualized, meaningful experience that will prepare them for their post-YouthBuild goals.