Attention Philadelphia: YouthBuild is now accepting applications for the 2011-12 school year!
YouthBuild is an opportunity for out-of-school youth, between the ages of 18-20, to earn a high school diploma and prepare for the future. Most importantly, we are looking for young people who are motivated to learn, serve, succeed, and change their lives.
When students are asked what they like most about the program, the most common answer is, “YouthBuild Philadelphia is a family.” In addition to our multi-layered support system, YouthBuild provides the opportunity for young people to:
- Earn a high school diploma
- Receive hands-on job training
- Certification in construction, healthcare, or technology
- Prepare for college and careers
More than 1700 young adults have completed the program since 1992, and our graduates consistently move on to college and full-time employment. To learn more about YouthBuild, please continue to browse our blog, visit our website, and watch this video.
Please see detailed eligibility requirements, including:
- 18 to 20 years old on the first day of enrollment.
- Resident of Philadelphia
- Officially dropped out of school (transfer students and post-graduates are not eligible)