Congratulations on graduating from YouthBuild! You’ve got that diploma and some meaningful work experience. So what now?
Now you’re part of a national and international network of YouthBuild Alumni. YouthBuild Philadelphia is leading the way on “what now?” and offers a comprehensive Year 2 program of services to help you continue to advance on your life path.
During your second YouthBuild year as an alumni, you and the Employment Specialist will work together monthly to help you identify opportunities to advance your career. We will work together to find employment opportunities, help you stay in the jobs you get, and connect you to community partners for professional development and volunteer opportunities that are essential to your career plan.
See below for some Self-Service resources we’ve uploaded for you.
As a graduate you can request your academic records from YouthBuild for school, work, or for yourself.
- If you’d like a copy of your transcript, diploma or original diploma please request that here.
- Photocopies of official transcripts and diplomas are free to request and take between 1-2 weeks (10 business days) to process. These requests can be fulfilled via fax, e-mail, US mail or in person.
- Original diplomas must be reprinted and can take up to 6 weeks to process. The fee for an original diploma is $10, payable via cash or money order. All original diplomas must be picked up in person, and alumni may leave their payment with Ms. Cassandra Lo in the Alumni Records office when they arrive to pick up their diploma.
- Our Alumni Records office is located on the 5th floor of our main building at 1231 N. Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the office is not currently open to the public, and only those who have made an appointment in advance to pick up a previously requested diploma or transcript can be authorized as visitors. To make an appointment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, requested documents, and when possible, the date your records request was submitted. All visitors must also adhere to all health and safety protocols while on school property.
- If you’d like an original or duplicate copy of your vocation certification records, we unfortunately cannot provide that for you. We can however assist you in identifying the accurate certification agency and connecting you to their records services. Over the years, YouthBuild Philly has partnered with a number of professional certification agencies as part of our vocation curriculum. While YouthBuild Philly served as a host site for these trainings, it is not authorized to keep official certification records on file and cannot fulfill requests for original or duplicate copies of vocation certifications.
- If you have questions please email email@example.com.
If you are a school or workplace please refer to the following guidelines. We will do our best to process these within 1-2 weeks (10 business days).
- To request a copy of an alumni’s transcript/diploma, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the student’s waiver/signature to release the records and their name, date of birth, last 4 digits of their SSN, and graduation year.
- To verify graduation date only, please email us at email@example.com with the alumni’s full name, graduation year, and case number that your organization uses to track requests.
Preparing for College
Test Prep Resources
Colleges we work with
Community College of Philadelphia
Preparing for Employment
Choose the template you like the best, delete the rest and fill in your personal and professional information. Once you’ve completed this, we’d love to look it over with you!
Organizations for job training
Financial counseling one-on-one
Health and Human Service Resources
United Way of Greater Philadelphia and South New Jersey’s 2-1-1 Call Center initiative ensures that individuals in need have access to vital local program resources and information (for everyday needs and crisis situations).
Referrals are available for:
- Basic Human Needs Resources
- Physical and Mental Health Resources
- Employment Support
- Youth and Child Care Programs
- Regional Disaster Preparation
- Support for Older Adults and Persons with Disabilities
Help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling 2‑1‑1 (or 1-866-964-7922). TTY and language services are available in more than 170 languages and dialects. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.